Job Title: Event Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt/Not Safety Sensitive
Driving incremental customers to the dealership by branding the dealership through identifying off-site promotional opportunities, staffing the off-site location, and getting all the necessary products and displays set up. Serve as the first point of contact for any inquiries for donations, representatives from advertising companies.
- Must have prior event experience including working with groups/organizations/charities on a marketing basis
- Motorcycle industry background highly desired or enthusiasm to learn our brands
- Must be comfortable communicating with vendors
- Basic Microsoft Office experience
- A positive and fun personality are a plus
- Must be available nights, weekends and provide own transportation for all events on and off site
- Manage social media sites
- Monitor internet review sites for potential customer issues and draft responses
- Collect pricing and availability from vendors for our events
- Fulfill Event Checklist and return to Marketing Manager/GM immediately following each event.
- Post event photos before, during, and after event in a specified album.
- Distribute event itineraries with details on day of event to all staff
- Attend weekly manager meetings and provide a past event review and upcoming event update
- Attend weekly internal Marketing meetings to provide update on event planning status
- Maintain in-store promotional material including door flyers, bag stuffers and signage
- Regularly update staff on current events, promotions, etc
- Handle all incoming inquiries for donation requests and track them for the Marketing Manager and General Manager to review.
- Maintain event calendar
- Coordinate rides that leave from the dealership
- Plan and execute events to dealership standards
- Hire and staff servers of beer/food and promotional models for events
- Create layout of the property for events
- Coordinate catering needs, prepares conference materials, books bands/entertainment, and other miscellaneous tasks that go into prepping for an event
- Coordinate off-site promotions including staffing the event and getting motorcycles to the off-site location and displayed
- Train staff on process for serving food and drinks to customers
- Serve as the main communicator of events and marketing promotions on-site
- Obtain tent permits, liquor permits, and special event permits from city and state
- Track various expenditures and revenues, collecting fees and maintaining any necessary records.
- Obtain specials from department managers for each e-blast (Sales, P&A, Service) and send to Marketing Manager each week. Work with the Asst. Marketing and Graphic Design Manager to obtain this information.
- Handle all potential advertising mediums and present potential opportunities to the Marketing Director to review
- Provide feedback on ways to improve events in a cost-effective way
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Sometimes required to stand for several hours
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time