FLAGSTAFF: Event Coordinator
GO AZ is expanding their family of dealerships into Northern AZ! If you're looking to expand your career in the Flagstaff community, you're in the right spot!
Job Title: Event Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt/Not Safety Sensitive
Driving incremental customers to the dealership by branding the dealership through identifying off-site promotional opportunities, staffing the off-site location, and getting all the necessary products and displays set up. Serve as the first point of contact for any inquiries for donations, representatives from advertising companies.
- Must have prior event experience including working with groups/organizations/charities on a marketing basis
- Motorcycle industry background highly desired or enthusiasm to learn our brands
- Must be comfortable communicating with vendors
- Basic Microsoft Office experience
- A positive and fun personality are a plus
- Must be available nights, weekends and provide own transportation for all events on and off site
- Manage social media sites
- Monitor internet review sites for potential customer issues and draft responses
- Collect pricing and availability from vendors for our events
- Fulfill Event Checklist and return to Marketing Manager/GM immediately following each event.
- Post event photos before, during, and after event in a specified album.
- Distribute event itineraries with details on day of event to all staff
- Attend weekly manager meetings and provide a past event review and upcoming event update
- Attend weekly internal Marketing meetings to provide update on event planning status
- Maintain in-store promotional material including door flyers, bag stuffers and signage
- Regularly update staff on current events, promotions, etc
- Handle all incoming inquiries for donation requests and track them for the Marketing Manager and General Manager to review.
- Maintain event calendar
- Coordinate rides that leave from the dealership
- Plan and execute events to dealership standards
- Hire and staff servers of beer/food and promotional models for events
- Create layout of the property for events
- Coordinate catering needs, prepares conference materials, books bands/entertainment, and other miscellaneous tasks that go into prepping for an event
- Coordinate off-site promotions including staffing the event and getting motorcycles to the off-site location and displayed
- Train staff on process for serving food and drinks to customers
- Serve as the main communicator of events and marketing promotions on-site
- Obtain tent permits, liquor permits, and special event permits from city and state
- Track various expenditures and revenues, collecting fees and maintaining any necessary records.
- Obtain specials from department managers for each e-blast (Sales, P&A, Service) and send to Marketing Manager each week. Work with the Asst. Marketing and Graphic Design Manager to obtain this information.
- Handle all potential advertising mediums and present potential opportunities to the Marketing Director to review
- Provide feedback on ways to improve events in a cost-effective way
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Sometimes required to stand for several hours
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time