FLAGSTAFF: Parts/Service Manager
GO AZ is expanding our family of dealerships into Northern Arizona! If you're looking for an opportunity in the Flagstaff community, you found the right spot!
Job Title: Service/Parts Manager
Department: Service/Parts Department
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt/Full-Time/Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Manage employees and operations of the service department.
Service Department Operations
· Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
· Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair orders.
· Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
· Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty situations
- Ensure the needs of the parts and accessories department are being met
- Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving, balanced inventory of parts & accessories.
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management & control system.
- Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, and selling all merchandise.
- Maximize return on investment of parts inventory.
- Grow the volume of Parts & Accessory sales.
- Develop advertising & promotional campaigns for merchandise.
- Recommend related Parts and Accessories, which may be required for a job.
- Supply cost of parts information on repair orders
- Update inventory control system and parts catalogue
- Notify service personnel when special parts or back-ordered parts are received
- Maintain cleanliness of Parts and Accessories Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
- Assist customers with determination of Parts and Accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
- Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and Accessories merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
- Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service
· Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Make Things Right.
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to all customers internal and external
· Participate, develop and implement promotional campaigns solely for the Service Department and in conjunction with other departments within the store
- Ensure the team is alert, well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Maintain follow-up programs
- Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
- Establish job assignments for all service employees within their skill levels.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested. Monthly sales versus goals versus past years.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
- Attend weekly Mgt. Meetings prepared to report numbers and status of department
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees
- Set policies and procedures for service department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
· Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
· Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
· Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
· Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
· Focus on quality.
· Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
· Get certified in P.A.C.E. within 90 days of date of hire
· Complete “Kick Start” within 1st week of starting.
- 5+ years experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership
- Experience with point-of-sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to experience with other systems
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
- Knowledge and experience with motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 800+ lb. motorcycle.
· Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time