FLAGSTAFF: Shipping/Receiving & Inventory Specialist
*Please note that this position is at our new location GO AZ Motorcycles Flagstaff: 1400 E Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001*
Job Title: Shipping/Receiving & Inventory Specialist
Department: Parts Department
Reports to: Parts Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt/Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Handle all duties relative to merchandise receipt and shipment. Ship and receive departmental and/or dealership inventory. Assist in the maintenance of inventory accuracy and control inventory related records. Perform related duties as necessary.
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks, be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database.
- Unpacks incoming items, checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices and maintains records of received goods rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped.
- Counts and packs various sized products in boxes, cartons or other containers. Checks material against packing lists for inclusion of all component parts. May assemble boxes and cartons, prepare special or non-standard packs
- Applies correct label, stamp and/or other identification as directed and secures package with specified closure
- Process inputs for receipts and shipments in DMS system
- Maintain cleanliness of Shipping/Receiving areas
- Employ sound practices to ensure merchandise is properly accounted for and is available and 'ready to buy' for consumers.
- Assist in coordinating and performing cycle and annual inventory counts. ?
- Document merchandise stocked.
- Prepares and maintains records of all warranty product.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other parts department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- 2+ years within a shipping/receiving environment, or related experience. Inventory and/or warehouse experience is a plus
- Detail oriented, organized, and possess excellent manual dexterity.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Must have good computer skills
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.
Job Status: Full Time