PEORIA: Business Manager
Job Title: Business Manager / F&I Manager
Department: Finance & Insurance Department
Reports to: General Manager / Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Direct responsibility for the Finance and Insurance operations of the Motorcycle Sales Department.
- Oversee and direct the business office operational activities related to providing finance, insurance, and extended service programs
- Produce acceptable levels of revenue and profits for the dealership by selling finance, insurance, and extended service programs to new and used motorcycle customers
- Cross-sell parts, accessories, and ready-to-ride products to customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with several finance sources, factory and otherwise.
- Actively recruit and maintain a strong market base for the providing of available finance and Insurance products. Pro-actively use sales techniques.
- Analyze departmental activities and practices effective problem solving techniques.
- Employ a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls. Set monthly sales objectives and attain goals. Provide with reports, as requested.
- Pursue a continuing program of formal and informal education in the area of expertise to maintain, strengthen and broaden service. Belong to (or join) any relevant associations.
- Submit paperwork to and obtain approval from finance sources on all finance deals.
- Set up finance forecasting in conjunction with the sales department forecasting to achieve a desired percent of penetration and income. This is to be done on both a monthly and an annual basis.
- Maintain files of active insurance and financial agencies. Maintain a Finance and Insurance logbook. Prepare monthly penetration reports on finance penetration.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all sales related paperwork. Also check all paperwork for correct title, line information, taxes, errors, etc.
- Handle all rate quotations.
- Act as a liaison to all departments in matters concerning Finance and Insurance.
- Assist and support overall company policies and procedures and support the dealers philosophy.
- Able to work cross-functionally with all departments, with an emphasis on the Sales Department and Service Manager.
- Provide supplemental assistance to a sales person in the Motorcycle Sales Department. Work in conjunction with the sales team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Set up and maintain an adequate program which will ensure a 100% turnover ratio to the Business Manager or F&I department.
- Ability to effectively supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Ability to make strong independent decisions and the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Be the example to department employees and other dealership personnel by appearance, attendance, being on time for work, and open to flexible scheduling.
- Establish and maintain an efficient, organized, clean and professional business office.
- Responsible for informing the entire dealership staff of any new programs or promotions relative to F&I. Also develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with other departments.
- Responsible for training new employees joining the Finance Department.
- Responsible for training the Sales Department on products and services offered by the Finance Department.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure high levels of Customer Service.
- Motivate entire staff to assure quality customer service to all clients.
- Maintain a quality assessment and improvement program to assure high quality service to all customers. Institute and employ a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistence treatment.
- Ensure that the delivery of any new or used motorcycle is and “EVENT” that will endear customer to the dealership.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files, and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate commitment to the dealership’s philosophy of quality service to all customers and acts as a role model to other dealership employees.
- Be able to handle customer complaints quickly and courteously, demonstrating empathy, a positive attitude, and our commitment to “making things right”.
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of F&I products, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Knowledge and experience with motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Computer literate with typing skills and open to learning new software and computer programs.
Job Status: Full Time